I'm sitting here tonight with Baylee in my lap - trying to BE my lap. She is terrified of the fireworks going on all around our neighborhood and I feel so bad for her - she's crying and shaking and I can't move without her moving with me. Poor babe.
Last night we went to my parents' for a family cookout. I had been really looking forward to finally meeting Joe's girlfriend. =) We all had a great time and I took a few pictures, not as many as I had wanted to, but.....I did get a few and just posted them on Facebook.
I'm enjoying my weekend and got a lot of deep-cleaning done this afternoon and tonight. I rearranged the two dressers in our bedroom, since I cant even begin to move this gigantic king-size bed, and rearranged all the drawers to try to make it more organized. I love rearranging furniture, as my mom will attest. When I still lived at home, I rearranged my bedroom at least once a month, if not more often. I love the "new" feeling it brings and how clean the room is when all the corners and crevices have been cleaned. Tonight I vacuumed all the carpet edges throughout the whole house and I didnt realize how great this vacuum was - those edges look almost new!
This week is going to be a busy one - I'll have about 39 hours put in. I know to a lot of you, that doesnt sound like a lot, but with this job, 30 hours a week is considered full-time b/c of the stress of the job. I do love it, though. For the most part, the clients I currently have are good. Four of my six are wonderful. One is difficult b/c he is so severe, and the other is difficult b/c he's just a brat, quite frankly, and has absolutely no discipline or limits at home. We will be changing schedules again at the beginning of September, so not much longer.
And for the record, please stop asking us when we are going to reproduce/get knocked up/procreate/have children/multiply/whatever way you want to word it (these are just some of the various ways ppl have been asking us this question lately). I debated on whether or not to even post this here, b/c I know in the past ppl have been offended by my opinions of things, but.....this IS my blog and I'm free to write whatever I want. =) But anyway, the decision of when to have children is a really personal one, and it's nobody else's business but ours. You don't know what private reasons we have for waiting and I hate feeling like I have to explain our reasons to other people when really, its not their business. So, please, don't ask anymore. When it happens, we'll tell you. Promise. =)
Happy Fourth of July, everyone! Summer is almost halfway over.
No comments:
Post a Comment