Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2009

I am REALLY slacking with blogging lately! Things have just been so busy and hectic......I know I always say that, but it's true. We finally started the summer schedule at work and it's been quite confusing for me. Last week, half of my regular sessions were canceled b/c the kiddo(s) was/were out of town. I did a few substitute sessions at the center to make up for it. This week, one kiddo is still out of town and I'm making up his session with another client of mine at her home. I will be glad to get into a "final" schedule next week with all of my clients. For the most part, it's gone really well - the one client I was worried about is definitely going to make me earn my salary. There are just so many things that I as a parent would refuse to put up with, and it never ceases to amaze me what some parents choose to ignore.

I'm loving all these thunderstorms we've been having lately - thunder is so relaxing to me......don't ask me why. I would enjoy it more if Gavin weren't so upset during them - I may have permanent scars from where he's tried to literally climb me during these last few episodes.

For those of you who have Facebook, you probably already know that we recently got a new aquarium for Lynyrd. We had been keeping him in a 10-gallon tank on top of our microwave (baked fish, anyone?) for the last few months but, with all the worms he'd been eating lately (6-8 daily), he quickly outgrew it. I found a listing on Craigslist for a 55-gallon aquarium w/ stand and accessories for decent price and was able to talk the owner to about half her asking price. We picked it up that afternoon and set it up for him - it took us about 45 minutes to get it filled and another 45 minutes (uh-huh) to wrangle Lynyrd from the little tank and put him in the new one. He swam off immediately and I'm sure he thought he was in heaven - he has really gotten to swim freely in months and now he has all the room he needs. I couldn't figure out how to give him worms b/c, even though he still shows excitement when I hold up the worm container, he fails to see them falling for him to catch and then he just gets irritated and swims off.......so I bought a bunch of feeder goldfish and minnows at Petsmart for him. I attempted to let the bags float in the water to acclimate them to the temperature but Lynyrd attached the goldfish bag and popped it (ha!) so I dumped all the fish in. He went NUTS!!!!! That was yesterday evening and he is still in "hunting" mode. He's eaten about half of them and I think he's just bullying the rest.

How many ppl do you know that can spend ten minutes writing about a fish? Lol

We're looking for a good home for Sammy, if anyone knows of one. Preferably one where he can be indoor/outdoor and not just outside all the time. He does need to be housetrained but he's a great puppy. After the training session Monday, Jay has decided to rehome him - he just doesnt have any hunt in him and it's not fair to keep him as a pet, b/c he'll just spend all his time in the kennel outside. We certainly have enough indoor dogs as it is, so he can't come in. So if you know anyone interested in a beagle puppy, let me know. He's 8 months old and up-to-date on all shots & wormings.

Gotta go finish cooking dinner. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe you could write for hours about any animal, because you love them so much.