Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009

There have been so many nights I've sat down, fully intending to blog, and then I get sidetracked (imagine that) and end up doing something else.

Let's see....where to start....work has been going okay - I'm eager to switch to the fall schedule and get OFF one particular team. The child is just too much for me to handle most days and he's so unpredictable and a physical danger to all therapists. I've already been kicked in the face twice this summer just trying to get him to stand up when he falls to the floor in total noncompliance. I did sneak a peek at the fall schedule in the conference room, and if all stays the same I will have a wonderful few months. I'm keeping 2 of my current kids and gaining the one I've been really wanting to work with. I know not to hold my breath though b/c things constantly change.

All pets are doing well - we had a big scare with Henry a couple weeks ago and he spent an afternoon at the vet getting a lot of antibiotic injections and a bag of IV fluids, only to find out I was right in my prediction - he had a bad stomach virus. The vet techs led us to believe he had parvo and we wanted to be safe rather than sorry later, so we took him. I dont regret it b/c he's currently here and happy and I wouldn't trade that for the money we had to spend at the vet. It was worth it to have him healthy. :)

I put him some hilarious videos on Facebook of Lynyrd stalking his goldfish and later eating them - not for the squeamish, but still a good chuckle. =)

I'm looking forward to a visit from Jay's parents and brother (and maybe brother's female friend) in a few weeks - I always enjoy their visits and the change from the normal day-to-day life.

All the things I had in my mind to blog....I forgot. Oh well.

No comments: