Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13, 2009

Lately I am SO unmotivated to blog. (Had you noticed?) I just dont have nearly as much to say (ie: complain about) now that I have this awesome job. I come home happy (most days) and just dont feel the need to get online and pour out my feelings about how miserable I am.

Speaking of jobs, I was finally about to find out my new schedule this week. Every 3-4 months the schedules change and we all get new kids, to keep both kids & therapists from getting burned out. I am actually still keeping 2 of my 3 kids and gaining 3 more, all only 2x-3x a week. I like that a lot better than having the same kids every single day - that does get a little monotonous at times. Here is my new schedule:

Monday: Z. (8:30-11:30) at the center, A. (12:15-3:15) at the center
Tuesday: R. (8:30-11:30) at the center, N. (12:00-3:00) at the center, G. (3:45-5:00) at home
Wednesday: G. (8:30-11:30) at home, A. (12:15-3:15) at the center
Thursday: R. (8:30-11:30) at the center, G. (12:15-3:15) at home
Friday: Z. (8:30-11:30) at the center, N. (12:00-3:00) at the center

It looks super busy but it actually flows really well. I'm very happy that most of my time is at the center - I dont like home visits that much and the child I have at home right now is pretty easy, so I'm hoping the one I have this summer is, as well. I was very concerned that I may have to have one of my current children at his home and the parent situation there is not a good one, but after speaking to my supervisor at length about it, I was happy to find that I will only have this child at the center - where there are always witnesses, lol.

Jay is doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better after starting this new medicine. He is definitely back. :) He is feeling so much better, physically and otherwise, and is starting to really get back to his old self. I am so encouraged. =)

We're hoping to go to PA at the end of the month for two of Jay's cousins' graduations. It will be a whirlwind trip - leaving Friday morning as soon as Jay gets home from work and returning Sunday night..........remind me to bring my cd pack for the many hours I will be driving while he sleeps. I'm looking forward to seeing his extended family again. I'm also excited to be off on a Friday afternoon from work......some of you will understand why. :)

I'm kinda happy, kinda sad that American Idol is almost done. I'm REALLY hoping Adam wins it (Grace - no comments here! lol) and I'm eager to see who gets the boot tonight. I cant wait for Big Brother to come back.....love that show.

I'm grilling chicken as we speak so I better sign off here to go check on it. It will be delicious with corn casserole and steamed green beans. Yum!

No comments: