Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13, 2009

Been awhile! Lots of stuff has gone on since my last post. We got a new puppy - Collin. He is another Jack Russell, which brings our household list to 3 Jacks. I dont think I'd ever have another kind of dog - once you go Jack, you never go back. Here is a picture of our "little dude."


We celebrated our first anniversary on October 4th! This year seems to have just flown by - guess that's what happens when you're an adult - seems like all we do is work and work and work and pay bills.

We went to the beach this last weekend for our anniversary. It was a comedy of errors from the time we got there to the time we left, but we had a great time. We had to reschedule our reservation from the weekend of the 4th to the weekend of the 11th. We drove the four hours to the resort we picked, only to find out that hotels.com had never transferred our confirmation and they were totally booked for the whole weekend. So I spent an HOUR on the phone with a hotels.com CSR until he agreed to fix the problem. He was quite content in saying it was not his fault and that the hotel was going to have to pick up the tab to rebook us somewhere else. I still do not know who ended up footing the bill for it (wasn't us!) but he got us booked into a resort on N. Myrtle that ended up being the most amazing place we've ever stayed. We had a heck of a time finding it and had already lost about four hours of our day waiting on the issue to get fixed. We got checked in and got a few freebies for our troubles and were offered the chance at free aquarium tickets and a free dinner at Bonefish Grille if we were willing to take a (short) tour of the Wyndham Hotels the next morning........yes, a timeshare presentation. It sounded great to us at first b/c of all the freebie stuff they were willing to give us, but by the end of the presentation, we were both so annoyed at having been there for FOUR hours that we just didnt care anymore. We said no about thirty times before they finally gave up and just gave us our free tickets. I will never do that again = it was great that it saved us about $90 in entertainment/food, but we really only had one full day at the beach and we spent half of it being pressured to buy a $60,000 timeshare. Blah blah blah.

We did have a great weekend though and hopefully we can afford to do this every year for our anniversary. My parents kept the dogs (thanks again, ya'll!), which is a job in and of itself. Collin is SO bad.....

I'm still fighting some bronchial crap....I went to the dr last Wednesday and he kept assuring me I had allergies and should take some Zyrtec. Yeah right. I kept telling him I had bronchitis and I knew what that felt like, but you know how drs are - they always know how you feel better than you do. So he gave me a 6-day pack of Prednisone and I finished it up Monday and still felt like crap. The cough is a hundred times worse today and I was getting dizzy from the lack of oxygen at times. My chest feels like someone is sitting on it and I cant talk w/o feeling the pressure. I left work at 11 this morning to go back to the dr -- saw another dr and she said I have the beginnings of pneumonia. So I got loaded up on strong antibiotics, another round of prednisone, and an inhaler. Ahhhh, sweet relief is in sight.....I hope.

As I'm writing this, Collin is sitting in my lap, sleeping. If you've ever met Collin, you'll know this is an extremely rare occurrence. He NEVER stops moving.....or biting.....we're working on that.

Jay got two deer in the last week!! Both does and we're looking forward to fresh deer meat. I cant wait to grill those backstraps.....yummmm!!

No comments: